Thursday, October 2, 2014

Sweet Potato Chaat | Festive, Filling & Healthy

Among my favourite veggies, sweet potato has a memorable place. I loved the sweet potato chips my mum used to make. This was one of my favourite childhood snacks. To be honest I never tried sweetpotato except as chips. It was later after marriage, I got to know this potato relative and started enjoying it steamed and seasoned and in chillies and breads etc.Slowly I got to know about the vegetable and different ways of preparations. I remember my friend who is from Bhopal telling how they do tadka to it and prepare as an evening snack. But the easiest was the best for me. Microwave it and turn it into a chaat. This is something I tried out from Nupur and it has given me the easy way out. 

Recently I tried another chaat version from here though you can find several such versions on googling. The vegetable is accepted while observing Navratri fast and is filling and healthy. Use of the Himalayan Pink Salt / Rock Salt/ Sendha namak makes the chaat perfect for festive fasting. Though ofcourse you can use common salt if you are not fasting. It can easily be put together and can be enhanced with additions like cucumber and apples.

Ingredients:
Sweet Potato: 1 cup atleast, steamed/microwaved ,peeled and cubed
Green Chillies : chopped: 1 small

Lemon Juice: as per taste
Chilli Powder, Chaat masala Cumin Powder, Salt/Rock Salt: as per taste

Cilantro/Coriander Leaves: chopped for garnish

Preparation:
Mix all the ingredients together adjusting the spices and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve in bowls as a teatime or anytime snack. 


You can add cucumber or apples to this as well. The recipe is too short but the dish is definitely tasty. Its been long since I posted a vrat/fasting recipe or rather any recipe. So I thought of starting with the easy one.Do enjoy the chaat .


0 Comments:

Thanks for visiting my Blog

/*TYNT script starts here */ /*TYNT ends */